I'd like to pay someone to build me a scanner

Built a scanner? Started to build a scanner? Record your progress here. Doesn't need to be a whole scanner - triggers and other parts are fine. Commercial scanners are fine too.

Moderator: peterZ

mikstew
Number of books owned: 0

I'd like to pay someone to build me a scanner

Post by mikstew »

Would there be any interest from one or more diy scanner enthusiasts to build a book-scanner for me? I am interested in having one of these to scan in old legal books (amongst many other uses which are sure to arise), but I don't have the time or expertise to build one.

If there is significant interest, I could run a sort of procurement process where each bidder supplies some general terms and specifications for their build before I commit any cash.

I'll start with a target price of $500. I won't commit to selecting the lowest bidder, but price will be a consideration, along with functionality, form, time to completion and so on.
dpc
Number of books owned: 0

Re: I'd like to pay someone to build me a scanner

Post by dpc »

This is probably a better question for the Agora/The Marketplace area of the forums.

Just curious about what you expect to get for your $500. Does that price include cameras, triggers, and lighting?

Put another way, you want something for around $500 that will result in a memory card full of images from the pages that you'll later post-process yourself using the various software tools (i.e. ScanTailor, Sigil, Calibre, Acrobat, ABBYY, etc.) to turn into eBooks/PDFs?