Wooden Pulley's?

Built a scanner? Started to build a scanner? Record your progress here. Doesn't need to be a whole scanner - triggers and other parts are fine. Commercial scanners are fine too.

Moderator: peterZ

revjoe

Wooden Pulley's?

Post by revjoe »

I picked up a kit some time ago, but did not get the parts with it, so I am working through the list, shopping for the individual pieces. One thing I note is that the newer kits use wooden pulleys. I cannot find a place to buy these. Does anyone have a source?

Thanks

Joe
daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Re: Wooden Pulley's?

Post by daniel_reetz »

Where did you get your kit and what are you missing? I could supply you with some pulleys...
revjoe

Post by revjoe »

Daniel,

Got one from a fellow user where when the plans were still in development and you weren't selling yet, so I got what I paid for. But then real life hit, we had to move, and I lost my work area. So I am just now getting back to it.

I think I am just missing the pulleys, but looking back at what I have, I may be able to use metal ones, as I don't think my kit had the wooden pulleys.

I am going to get started putting the wood together today, then once I have the frame together, I will look at what how things are fitting together and what other parts I really need.

I will give a yell once I start getting things put together.

Thanks

Joe
daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Post by daniel_reetz »

Ah, very cool. Well, there's a limited set of what I can supply just because I buy in multiples for the somewhat more complete kits that I sell. Pulleys are definitely something I could just send you. I have good ones with skate bearings in the middle. Extremely smooth. Get in touch via email if you want some.
revjoe

Post by revjoe »

Daniel,

I sent an pm.

Thanks

Joe