Oversized davidlandin Model

Built a scanner? Started to build a scanner? Record your progress here. Doesn't need to be a whole scanner - triggers and other parts are fine. Commercial scanners are fine too.

Moderator: peterZ

fishent
Number of books owned: 0

Re: Oversized davidlandin Model

Post by fishent »

As you know, I am the newcomer and am finding that I can learn SO MUCH by reading your posts. Thanks to everyone who is contributing to the making of the "David Landin easy scanner". A special thanks to everyone, especially David for being prepared to share his talent in this forum.

I am just starting to make the David Landin Easy Scanner, I and am working from Thailand, so different materials will be used. For starters I think the best choice for me is a Stainless Steel frame. This isn't that costly and will provide plenty stability for long use. See attachment I have already found a good source for the non-reflective acrylic. So I think I’ve got most of the important basic ingredients for a good start.

I will no doubt need good advice when it comes to purchasing a camera. Our project will involve 1,000’s of books, so need good quality camera and lens, one that can be triggered by infrared, and hopefully at a reasonable price, probably will purchase on eBay. I do not want to cut corners at this end, I need advice, anyone have a suggestion?

Will keep you informed as to progress.
Attachments
Stainless Steel Components.jpg
danielcastillo
Number of books owned: 0

Post by danielcastillo »

Sobre cámaras, yo uso las EOS REBEL T3 de Canon (puede ser la T5 que es más reciente), con ellas he sacado más de 400.000 fotos (y aun la sigo ocupando), permite trabajar con el sistema de disparo remoto, usando el monitor de tu computadora como visor de imágenes, posee lentes intercambiables, y no es de muy alto precio. Se adapta muy bien al trabajo de este escáner. He usado también una Nikon, son muy buenas, pero no tiene el sistema de disparo remoto tan sencillo como lo posee las cámaras Canon.
SALUDOS
leescott

Post by leescott »

Non-glare and anti-reflective are different . Evonic sold four non-glare sheets, https://www.acrylite-shop.com/US/us/sea ... =Do+search ,only one anti-reflective sheet, ie ACRYLITE® Optical anti-reflective Colorless 0A000 AC2 .
Non-glare is enough to use here ,and cheaper than anti-reflective.