Scanning stand for smartphones and tablets

Built a scanner? Started to build a scanner? Record your progress here. Doesn't need to be a whole scanner - triggers and other parts are fine. Commercial scanners are fine too.

Moderator: peterZ

fopydo

Scanning stand for smartphones and tablets

Post by fopydo »

I have just launched a kickstarter campaign for a scanning stand for mobile devices. It can be used for scanning books, but at this time odd pages need to be scanned first, then even pages. However, I am planning to make an attachment for scanning two pages at the same time.

The distance from the scanning surface can be adjusted from 3.5 inches (for small photographs) up to 18 inches (for larger document formats).

Please see the link below:
link removedl
dingodog
Number of books owned: 1000

Re: Scanning stand for smartphones and tablets

Post by dingodog »

you are welcome, but there are several things I disagree in your prototype:

- no digital cameras support

- if you want to cite a specific model of tablet o be more explicative, you cannot to cite only the Apple product, since this can alienate the sympathy of many people owning samsung, acer or whatever else is worth to buy at their right (and not inflated) prices, especially since it is well know that geeks buy cheap valuable hardware and not overpriced hardware

- mounting angle is also problematic in my opinion, it should be adjustable not fixed

it needs to be re-designed for me
daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Re: Scanning stand for smartphones and tablets

Post by daniel_reetz »

I banned fopydo (twardega) because he actively patents scanning tech and uses the forum only to link to his closed-source stuff. In general, scanning companies with interesting products are welcome here, but this guy is not.