1 vs 2 camera's $800 budget

Everything camera related. Includes triggers, batteries, power supplies, flatbeds and sheet-feeding scanners, too.

Moderator: peterZ

ShadoWz0r

1 vs 2 camera's $800 budget

Post by ShadoWz0r »

I am building a scanner for college which involves small math symbols and other images throughout textbooks. I'm planning to put all of them onto my iPad 2 instead of carrying around those books and ruining my back. My main question is should I buy a very good $800 camera or should I split the cost and buy 2 camera's? Along with this question what brand/model camera/s should I buy? I already have all the materials for the book scanning rig except the camera/s and electronics.
Thank You!
daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Re: 1 vs 2 camera's $800 budget

Post by daniel_reetz »

Hey, moved this for you - thanks for the heads-up. I'll name that other section something more useful. We just reorganized the whole thing so stuff like this is helpful.

As far as cameras, you can get two Micro 4/3 cameras with kit lenses for about $800 if you watch for deals. You'll get more useful answers if you can define what size and type of material you are planning to scan.
ShadoWz0r

Post by ShadoWz0r »

Thank you Daniel for your quick reply. The thing is I'm not worried about speed as much as quality. The textbooks I will be scanning range from 5 x 8in to 8.5 x 11in. Does this help any?
ShadoWz0r

Post by ShadoWz0r »

I'm not sure what you mean by what type of material. They are just standard textbooks from any college. Is there something else I need to research that I'm missing?
iilivi
E-book readers owned: kindle
Number of books owned: 50

Post by iilivi »

I think the two cameras would be a better option in my opinion.
Olivi
I get my natural breast enhancement from the wonderful breast actives. If you want the same breast enhancement then go for breast actives reviews, here's my breast actives review
cgott4242
Number of books owned: 100

Post by cgott4242 »

daniel_reetz wrote:Hey, moved this for you - thanks for the heads-up. I'll name that other section something more useful. We just reorganized the whole thing so stuff like this is helpful.

As far as cameras, you can get two Micro 4/3 cameras with kit lenses for about $800 if you watch for deals. You'll get more useful answers if you can define what size and type of material you are planning to scan.
Daniel
I'm not familiar with micro four thirds cameras, but after reading your post
I looked it up. it seems that its big advantage is dslr quality ina point and shoot size, however size wouldnt seem to be as big advantage in a book scanner. what other advantage would it have over a canon dslr for book scanning use
Thx
daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Post by daniel_reetz »

Another advantage would be more triggering options. Some of them have wired shutter release controls that can be easily connected to external switches, etc.