Conflicting information on camera/software

Everything camera related. Includes triggers, batteries, power supplies, flatbeds and sheet-feeding scanners, too.

Moderator: peterZ

zeker00

Conflicting information on camera/software

Post by zeker00 »

I am definitely newbie - bear with me, please. :?

I was hoping to start with an inverted model for paperbacks & magazines - lower quality stuff to begin with as a learning experience. I have Canon A590IS (one on-hand and a second coming) and wanted to connect to my Mac mini OS 10.6 for zoom, focus, and shutter control - and I will have two cameras for simultaneous shots. Software with camera included Canon Digital Camera Solution Disk Software CD, and I had been reading about the RecordCamera functions. However, an email back from Canon Tech Support says A590IS does not support.

I read one post in this forum suggesting the A590IS camera - which pretty much drove me to that camera selection. Are my plans out of scope for the cameras? Can anyone suggest software that does work for my goals?

I continue to go thru all the posts hoping to find a working path - but there is an awful lot to read and piece together here... Appreciate any assistance/suggestions.

zeker00
Gerard
Number of books owned: 0

Re: Conflicting information on camera/software

Post by Gerard »

maybe this helps

http://diybookscanner.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=738

they are solutions for Tethered Shooting for all chdk cams in work, one of them is ptpcamgui (but windows)