Need Support to take pic

Everything camera related. Includes triggers, batteries, power supplies, flatbeds and sheet-feeding scanners, too.

Moderator: peterZ

garghya
Number of books owned: 500

Need Support to take pic

Post by garghya »

Hi Everyone,

I am a new enthusiastic book scanner maker seeking help with the camera setup part.

I have got two Canon IXUS75/SD750 for this project. One of them (Using as left) has Firmware Version 101b and the other one (Using as right) has Firmware Version 102a. I downloaded the respective CHDK from http://mighty-hoernsche.de/ and prepared the SD cards seperately following the instructions as given in sdm_basic_shooting_1-81.pdf.

After that as instructed, with the writehead protection locked (as instructed) I start the cameras. While trying to check the Firmware manually by pressing Set+Display it shows me the "Firmware ver. 1.0.1.0" and "Firmware ver. 1.0.2.0" respectively.

To trigger them simultaneously, I am using Frans van de Kamp's ready-made switches.

But when use the remote, the shutter flaps but no picture is taken on either camera. I am confused here. Can you please help me understading where I am doing the mistake.

Thanks in advance....

Arghya
daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Re: Need Support to take pic

Post by daniel_reetz »

Interesting... you hear the shutter click but no picture is saved to the card?

Try pressing once quickly to "arm" the cameras, and another time to "fire" them.