Galaxy S3 and voice command picture taking

Everything camera related. Includes triggers, batteries, power supplies, flatbeds and sheet-feeding scanners, too.

Moderator: peterZ

rwreed

Galaxy S3 and voice command picture taking

Post by rwreed »

So here is something interesting. I just got a Galaxy S3 and noticed two things. First it has a "Text" scene mode in the camera, and second you can activate the camera through voice commands, including actually taking the shot. I set it up as a make shift scanner and it works really well. You simply say "shot" or "cheese" and it takes the picture -- hands free! Flip the page, it auto focuses quickly and you can do it again. You have to make sure that voice commands are on for apps. But once enabled it works pretty well. There are cheaper camera's of course, but if you're getting the phone for other reasons, here's one more reasons why DIY Scanning folk might like it. I'll try to post a video of it in action later...

Randy
daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Re: Galaxy S3 and voice command picture taking

Post by daniel_reetz »

I just bought one of these as well... will have to try it out. Got any sample images?
rwreed

Re: Galaxy S3 and voice command picture taking

Post by rwreed »

I took this with it. Lighting isn't great, but the image resolved with no errors after applying scan tailor and ocr in abby fine reader
Attachments
20120723_202422.jpg