Nikon DV300F - smart camera - control via Android

Everything camera related. Includes triggers, batteries, power supplies, flatbeds and sheet-feeding scanners, too.

Moderator: peterZ

cgott4242
Number of books owned: 100

Nikon DV300F - smart camera - control via Android

Post by cgott4242 »

Has anyone tried these.
It comes with an android app (only Samsung phones are officially supported, but others may work - YMMV) to control shutter release and zoom.
It's a 16MP camera with wifi transfer to PC, and also has power connection so that you don't need to remove it from the scanner (i.e. no batteries or need to buy power adapter, photos transfer to PC via wifi)
From watching the youtube videos - the lag between photos while using the app seems to be about 5-6 seconds - which is not great, but may be acceptable (i.e. 600pgs/hour)
Of course w/a 2 camera setup you'd need 2 android devices (phone , tablets) - so ifyou have a smart phone and tablet you're set - if not cheap android tablets are about $60 ea.
Any info re: book scanning?
cgott4242
Number of books owned: 100

Re: Nikon DV300F - smart camera - control via Android

Post by cgott4242 »

I bought the camera to test.
Unfortunately however the app auotmatically transfers the file from the camera to the smart phone (making you wait between pics). I asked Samsung and they said there's no way to disable that default.
Gerard
Number of books owned: 0

Post by Gerard »

maybe wireshark could help to write a software that does not tranfer the image and you could maybe use 2 instances of an android emulator to controll bouth cameras
just my 2 cents
daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Post by daniel_reetz »