Sony Alpha A390 - experience?

Everything camera related. Includes triggers, batteries, power supplies, flatbeds and sheet-feeding scanners, too.

Moderator: peterZ

Abarbour
Number of books owned: 2000

Sony Alpha A390 - experience?

Post by Abarbour »

Does anyone have experience with the Sony Alpha A390?

Marketing speak....
Catch life from any angle with the Sony A390 digital SLR camera featuring Live View, which lets you compose shots on a tiltable 2.7" LCD screen. The A390 DSLR camera also combines ease-of-use with powerful features including 14.2-megapixel resolution for superb image clarity and exceptionally quick Auto Focus response to capture the perfect moment. Plus, SteadyShot INSIDE in-camera image stabilization reduces blur while the on-screen Help Guide and Graphic Display help take the complexity out of DSLR photography.

They are going for $299 right now and wondering if anyone has any experience with it. It comes with an 18-55mm lens.

Thanks!
EDIT: In case anyone is interested - https://www.blacks.ca - under the Clearance section.
Misty
Number of books owned: 0

Re: Sony Alpha A390 - experience?

Post by Misty »

Very nice! Thanks for the heads up, Abarbour.

Unfortunately, it looks like the A390 doesn't support a wired remote trigger, just an IR one. That could be a dealbreaker.
The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not necessarily represent those of the Canadian Museum for Human Rights.
Abarbour
Number of books owned: 2000

Re: Sony Alpha A390 - experience?

Post by Abarbour »

I concur - not having the wired remote is a deal breaker for me... guess I am returning the two I bought once they arrive! Will be looking into the Canon CHDK.