TwoCamControl - fast two camera chdkptp photos (Windows)

General discussion about software packages and releases, new software you've found, and threads by programmers and script writers.

Moderator: peterZ

dtic

Re: TwoCamControl - fast two camera chdkptp photos (Windows)

Post by dtic »

There was a bug related to the folder paths with rsint command. I haven't tried rsint versions >650 so don't know if fixed.
rcull
Number of books owned: 0

Post by rcull »

I am running windows 7 64 bit. Am I going to have any trouble with chdkptp-r547-win32.zip?

Thanks again
dtic

Post by dtic »

No, no trouble
Crispy
Number of books owned: 1500

Post by Crispy »

I managed to get everything installed, but when I run TwoCam, it's unable to connect to the cameras; I've tried reinstalling and rebooting, but nothing seems to work. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm using W7, 2xCanon A1400s.
dtic

Post by dtic »

Do you have the latest version of autohotkey installed?
Did you open TwoCamControl.ahk in Notepad and enter the settings (including the "rightcamserial" value) and save?
When you thereafter run TwoCamControl and click "connect" does two command line windows appear? If yes, is any text pasted in those windows? Any error messages?
Have you checked that you can successfully connect the camera with chdkptp manually over command line? Something like this

Code: Select all

C:\chdkptp\chdkptp.exe -c"-d=DG36GF3JH33HJ3GFJHFJ3377IDSDSD" -i -e"luar switch_mode_usb(1)"
If you can't connect manually then the problem is something other than TwoCamControl.
Crispy

Post by Crispy »

Hi dtic, thankfoe getting back to me:

I downloaded this version of autohotkey: AutoHotkey112202_Install

I entered the settings into Notepad: for the serial, I used the number on the bottom of the camera.
The first time I used TwoCam, the two command lines appeared, but I was unable to take any images using it (should have screenshotted the error message but didn't)
I haven't tried the command line to connect to the camera, is this the best strategy?

Thanks for your help.
dtic

Post by dtic »

I'm not sure if the serial on the camera is the same as the one used by chdkptp to identify the camera.

To see if it is do these steps from the setup instruction:

;serial number for camera you place to the right of the book
;to figure out the number:
;- plug in that camera to the PC with usb and power on the camera
;- open a cmd window, navigate to chdkptp.exe and run: chdkptp.exe -elist
;- the serial looks something like this: DC3E13D4111234B2A23CC31F2E3AA5

Then try to connect the camera manually over command line. That helps us figure out if there is a problem with TwoCamControl or something else.
Crispy

Post by Crispy »

Hi

I don't mean to be a dimwit, but I had difficulty in working out how to run chdkptp.exe -elist via the command line. Can you give me an idiot's instruction on how to do this? I know how to bring up cmd, but I didn't know how to run this command.
dtic

Post by dtic »

You have chdkptp.exe stored in a folder somewhere. Look up what the full path is. For example it could be

C:\chdkptp\chdkptp.exe
You can enter that whole path on the command line. That is also the path you are to enter in the settings section of TwoCamControl.ahk.

So open a cmd window and type in the below (adjusted to what path you have of course) and press enter. But make sure to plug in the camera usb cable and power on the camera first!

C:\chdkptp\chdkptp.exe -elist
If there are spaces in the path then you enclose that part in quotes when you type it on the command line, like so

"C:\some folder\chdkptp\chdkptp.exe" -elist
Don't put any quotes when you enter the path into the settings section of TwoCamControl.ahk though
duerig
Number of books owned: 1000

Post by duerig »

dtic, is there a reason why the AHK script can't just show the user the serial numbers and have the user confirm them? Or is it just a matter of spending the time to add that feature? Do you accept patches?