Scan Tailor

Scan Tailor specific announcements, releases, workflows, tips, etc. NO FEATURE REQUESTS IN THIS FORUM, please.

Moderator: peterZ

rob
E-book readers owned: iRex iLiad, Kindle 2
Number of books owned: 4000

Re: Scan Tailor

Post by rob »

BTW, Dan -- could you put Scan Tailor on the front page in the News section? And remove PostProcessor? I think that we can safely say PostProcessor isn't going to get developed further!

--Rob
The Singularity is Near. ~ http://halfbakedmaker.org ~ Follow me as I build the world's first all-mechanical steam-powered computer.
Tulon
Number of books owned: 0

Post by Tulon »

rob wrote:I can take a stab at working on the C++ code. At the very least, it will give you a head start if I can't seem to integrate it. Let me take a look at the part of the code you indicated, and I hope you don't mind any questions!

--Rob
Not at all. BTW, most of the image processing algorithms are in /imageproc/. Also, don't forget there exists a debugging mode.
Scan Tailor experimental doesn't output 96 DPI images. It's just what your software shows when DPI information is missing. Usually what you get is input DPI times the resolution enhancement factor.
daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Post by daniel_reetz »

rob wrote:BTW, Dan -- could you put Scan Tailor on the front page in the News section? And remove PostProcessor? I think that we can safely say PostProcessor isn't going to get developed further!

--Rob
With pleasure!

I may end up changing that post and adding some of the awesome images you posted here, but I wanted to ask you first.
Hasher

Post by Hasher »

Tulon and Rob the 'Axis of awesome' . I was already impressed by Scan Tailor without any improvement :D
rob

Post by rob »

Dan, go ahead and put the images up. And I consider Dan part of the Axis of Awesome. I'm more of a satellite state.

Oh, and Dan -- blue links on a black background? Not the Done Thing. ;)
The Singularity is Near. ~ http://halfbakedmaker.org ~ Follow me as I build the world's first all-mechanical steam-powered computer.
rob

Post by rob »

Oh, and by the way: *grumble grumble C++ grumble references, auto_ptr, boost templates, kill me now*
daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Post by daniel_reetz »

rob wrote:Oh, and Dan -- blue links on a black background? Not the Done Thing. ;)
Uf, yeah. The blog looks bad. It was a quick hack to get things going. I'll work on it, perhaps with the "monks" graphic. Giving another talk tomorrow (this time to a bunch of art kids), so it won't be fixed until then.
Tulon
Number of books owned: 0

Post by Tulon »

rob wrote:Oh, and by the way: *grumble grumble C++ grumble references, auto_ptr, boost templates, kill me now*
I know what you mean, Rob. I am a C++ fan, so I use its abilities to the maximum. If you don't do that, C++ is just not a good language to program in.
Well, at least now you know how reading those complex formulas feels for me :)
Scan Tailor experimental doesn't output 96 DPI images. It's just what your software shows when DPI information is missing. Usually what you get is input DPI times the resolution enhancement factor.
rob

Post by rob »

Ha... I haven't touched C++ in probably 10 years, and now I remember why :( I feel so... unproductive :D

But, I am making progress. I have probably half of the Java code ported over to C++. I think, Tulon, that you'll want to go over the code after I'm done to make sure that I haven't broken any styles, and definitely that I haven't done anything too inefficient. I've found myself using refcounted shared_ptr and shared_array all over the place.
monday2000

Post by monday2000 »

rob
But, I am making progress. I have probably half of the Java code ported over to C++.
What about publishing this Java code right now? What licence are you planning to release it under?