ST is mirroring my pages for some unknown reason...

Scan Tailor specific announcements, releases, workflows, tips, etc. NO FEATURE REQUESTS IN THIS FORUM, please.

Moderator: peterZ

SKIN

ST is mirroring my pages for some unknown reason...

Post by SKIN »

When I took all of my photos, they looked perfect on my card. I imported them and they still looked correct. When I tell scan tailor what tif images I am using for the project, it loads them and they are mirror images of what I photographed. They are at this point unreadable. When I close scan tailor out and look at them in Finder, they are fine again. What is going on? Anyone have this issue? I have reinstalled my OS and I have tried building the app on my own, and also downloading a pre-built app. Same issue.
:x
Tulon
Number of books owned: 0

Re: ST is mirroring my pages for some unknown reason...

Post by Tulon »

There is probably metadata in tiff that says "to be displayed mirrored". Finder reads that metadata and does what it says, while Scan Tailor doesn't implement that behaviour. I suggest converting your images to PNG before feeding them to Scan Tailor.
Scan Tailor experimental doesn't output 96 DPI images. It's just what your software shows when DPI information is missing. Usually what you get is input DPI times the resolution enhancement factor.