Building Scan Tailor on OSX

Scan Tailor specific announcements, releases, workflows, tips, etc. NO FEATURE REQUESTS IN THIS FORUM, please.

Moderator: peterZ

feliks
Number of books owned: 150

Re: Building Scan Tailor on OSX

Post by feliks »

n9yty,

I would love to follow your instructions, but where is the source tree that you speak of? It's not the same as the official sourceforge one, no?

Cheers,

-Feliks
feliks

Post by feliks »

Furthermore,

Can a moderator make a sticky at the top of this board that lists the different Scan Tailor forks and official build? As is often the case with forks, I'm unsure as to which is the most current, what the difference are, etc. This need not be so. One sticky at the top of this board with:

1. The different versions along with their descriptions and versions
2. Current compiling/build instruction
3. Perhaps links to binaries for the different ones.

currently I have three or four versions with version numbers that don't seem to correspond to which is "the latest"

cheers!

-Feliks
daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Post by daniel_reetz »

If someone will write that up, I will happily sticky it.
n9yty

Post by n9yty »

feliks wrote:I would love to follow your instructions, but where is the source tree that you speak of? It's not the same as the official sourceforge one, no?
Yes, in the source code tree under packaging/osx. See the README. It is possible that minor changes need to be made, especially if you are on Lion as those instructions were for ppc/i386 builds, but overall it should be pretty straightforward if you know how to compile/build programs.
feliks

Post by feliks »

Hey,

Tried it with the latest build, get a binary, but when I try and run it, I get: "You can't open the application ScanTailor because it may be damaged or incomplete."

Running Lion, with 64bit qt etc installed, as per instructions.

Advise?

-F
feliks

Post by feliks »

Here's my output when I try to compile:

http://pastebin.com/T6xBXhkc

GCC works; I know, because I test-compiled something before running it. I'm on version GCC 4.2. Is it that I need to specify the new version for it to work?

Cheers,

-F

P.S.

Considering joining the wiki project...
feliks

Post by feliks »

So,

I actually did a whole reformat thinking that I might have mucked something up along the way, but I'm still failing to build. Cmake and QT are the 64 bit versions. Could this be the problem?

Alternatively, could someone post their built, v.9.11, native, binary for me?

Cheers,

-F