First build with automatic dewarping

Scan Tailor specific announcements, releases, workflows, tips, etc. NO FEATURE REQUESTS IN THIS FORUM, please.

Moderator: peterZ

jimboh

Re: First build with automatic dewarping

Post by jimboh »

It seems, from my remarks about improving automatic picture zones, that I have not been paying attention. :oops: I just assumed that all the focus was on dewarping these days, and I could not understand the various commits over the last two months or so as having to do with anything else. However, I just processed a book containing 300+ chess diagrams and every one - every one! - was perfectly placed into an automatic picture zone. Not even one needed manual adjustment of any kind. This is a major advance!

Just wondering, but is this an unintended side benefit of the work on dewarping, or was the picture zone code specifically improved?
Tulon
Number of books owned: 0

Post by Tulon »

I can't think of any change that would affect picture detection. Maybe manual setting of DPI made the difference?
Scan Tailor experimental doesn't output 96 DPI images. It's just what your software shows when DPI information is missing. Usually what you get is input DPI times the resolution enhancement factor.
jimboh

Post by jimboh »

Nope, I did not manually set DPI.
jimboh

Post by jimboh »

Alas, I just scanned another chess book and almost none of the chess board diagrams was properly selected as a picture zone. It seems that the diagrams used by one specific publisher are the most problematic. This is odd because every diagram has a perfect square box around it. It would be nice - and save my mouse arm - if the automatic selection of picture zones would use that perfect square box as the natural boundary of a picture zone and not treat some, but not all, interior dark squares as picture zones.
Tulon

Post by Tulon »

Trust me, that can't be (easily) done.
Scan Tailor experimental doesn't output 96 DPI images. It's just what your software shows when DPI information is missing. Usually what you get is input DPI times the resolution enhancement factor.
brosskgm
Number of books owned: 100

Post by brosskgm »

Did 1.0 or other ever get finished?

All the Beta are no longer downloadable from the link.
Tulon

Post by Tulon »

brosskgm wrote:Did 1.0 or other ever get finished?
1.0 was never released, though automatic dewarping made it into 0.9.x series. So, go and grab the latest, which is 0.9.11.1
brosskgm

Post by brosskgm »

Thanks for the reply.

Is there a new link for the software? As mentioned the Beta links are no longer active.

Beta 10 and Beta 9 links:

Beta 9 http://depositfiles.com/files/e8ybpk75a

Beta 10 http://depositfiles.com/files/hn4xr1ur2

Give the following error.

This file does not exist, the access to the following file is limited or it has been removed due to infringement of copyright.

Thanks
Bob
Tulon

Post by Tulon »

Those betas are obsolete now. The latest releases in 0.9.x series are actually newer than those betas and contain all the features from those betas.
brosskgm

Post by brosskgm »

Ok, were can I find them?. Those are the only links I've been able to find.