ScanTailor for OSX is here

Scan Tailor specific announcements, releases, workflows, tips, etc. NO FEATURE REQUESTS IN THIS FORUM, please.

Moderator: peterZ

Tulon
Number of books owned: 0

Re: ScanTailor for OSX is here

Post by Tulon »

I checked the first 5 crash reports from version 0.9.10, and all of those were out-of-memory situations. These are most often caused by incorrect input DPI. If you want me check yours, the next time it crashes, put your nickname into the details box. Watch the video tutorial to learn how to estimate unknown DPI.

To make the manual dewarping do anything, you have to manually adjust the warping grid. Watch this video for more info.
Scan Tailor experimental doesn't output 96 DPI images. It's just what your software shows when DPI information is missing. Usually what you get is input DPI times the resolution enhancement factor.
calmadigital

Post by calmadigital »

Which are the differences between 1.0.0 beta and 0.9.10 ?
Tulon

Post by Tulon »

calmadigital wrote:Which are the differences between 1.0.0 beta and 0.9.10 ?
It's explained in this thread.
Scan Tailor experimental doesn't output 96 DPI images. It's just what your software shows when DPI information is missing. Usually what you get is input DPI times the resolution enhancement factor.
jimboh

Post by jimboh »

I see the following warnings in the Terminal after I close ST:

Sun Oct 16 22:21:18 2011 scantailor[68649] (FileSync.framework) _SFSendMessage: gServerMessagePortName = 'com.apple.FileSyncAgent.iDisk'
2011-10-16 22:36:39.313 scantailor[68649:f03] -_continuousScroll is deprecated for NSScrollWheel. Please use -hasPreciseScrollingDeltas.
2011-10-16 22:36:39.313 scantailor[68649:f03] -deviceDeltaX is deprecated for NSScrollWheel. Please use -scrollingDeltaX.
2011-10-16 22:36:39.313 scantailor[68649:f03] -deviceDeltaY is deprecated for NSScrollWheel. Please use -scrollingDeltaY.

I am running Lion 10.7.2 and am building ST with the Qt 4.8.0 Release Candidate.
Tulon

Post by Tulon »

These warnings seem to be harmless. It's not something Scan Tailor can do anything about anyway - that's Qt's domain.
caelum

Post by caelum »

funny thing, I was working with GC and got stuck and found a dmg file in my folder, (I just bought a new Imac) and double clicked and wow!!! It works! Just like that !

Well, I am trying to run a file through it and just want to make sure I"m doing things right ?
I've watched the tutorial and some of my buttons seem ? missing ?

When I run batches of Split Pages, it doesn't seem to actually 'split' them ?
Now someone mentioned there is a OUT file, which I can see.

So, do I have to finish the batch with the output file last, and then it will output the corrected files with the pages split like they should be etc ?

In the tutorial I see that they are single pages, but mine are just showing the split but not removing the other page.
( BTW I scanned these images with my own (drumroll please!) diy scanner build of cardboard from this forum!!! Worked like a charm! )

Anyhow, I've read this thread and so am also downloading Qt but not sure if I should run that, so if someone can tell me if that might improve what seems to already working ?

Everything seems to be working, just a few tips would make it perfect. :) Is there a manual that might help me troubleshoot just the basics of using it ?

Thanks everyone! Great job Tulon and others !!
~caelum
feliks
Number of books owned: 150

Post by feliks »

Getting consistent crashes when I try to generate images on the last step.

My crashlog: http://pastebin.com/Km8sM7N3

Cheers,

-Feliks
Tulon

Post by Tulon »

feliks wrote:Getting consistent crashes when I try to generate images on the last step.
Can you reproduce it on a single image project? If so, zip up the project file and the image, upload to depositfiles.com or another sharing site and post the link here.
feliks

Post by feliks »

Hey,

Must have been something memory related OS wise--tried 24 hours later and have been unable to reproduce the issue.

I'll experiment some more, because I think there might be something awry with opening an old save file with the new system--which is where my problem first arose.

Will let you know, and thanks,

-F
feliks

Post by feliks »

I confirm that when I open a large, old, project, I get a crash. Just tried on another with similar results.

Went back and used the Mac OS X native, compiled, version, and it works--9.9.1 I believe it was.

Now, how do I get you the information? The projects that it crashes on are huge, 2gb each.

-F...