.ScanTailor file type? How to convert to PDF?

Scan Tailor specific announcements, releases, workflows, tips, etc. NO FEATURE REQUESTS IN THIS FORUM, please.

Moderator: peterZ

biblioteca
Number of books owned: 350

.ScanTailor file type? How to convert to PDF?

Post by biblioteca »

Hello everyone,

I just used Scan Tailor successfully for the first time, and I'm impressed with the output. However, I can't seem to figure out what to do with the .scantailor project file. I see no option to export, and it's not letting me select a different file type after selecting 'save as.'

I've read that the output should be .tiff, but I'm not seeing that option anywhere. The video tutorial on vimeo ends before saving/exporting/converting.

What am I missing? What am I doing wrong?

I'm using Scan Tailor 0.9.11.1 on Windows.

Thanks in advance for your expertise!
ATA
Number of books owned: 0

Re: .ScanTailor file type? How to convert to PDF?

Post by ATA »

Hi, Unfortunately, the program does not have the ability to convert to PDF, so you must use another program to convert images to PDF, such as Foxit, Acrobat, or something else.
biblioteca
Number of books owned: 350

Post by biblioteca »

Thanks for responding! I'm guessing I have to use a paid version of a PDF converter. But can I know for sure that the program will recognize the .scantailor file type?
cday

Post by cday »

There is plenty of freeware software that will convert an image file, or series of image files, to PDF... :D

If you use Windows Irfanview supports that, I think, but I currently use XnView MP which is cross-platform; there are no doubt many other solutions others can suggest.
ATA

Post by ATA »

Here is this free program to print or convert images to PDF format
https://tools.pdf24.org/en/creator#installed..
Konos93a
E-book readers owned: kobo aura,kindle 1,kindle pw3,pocketbook inkpad 2
Number of books owned: 3000

Post by Konos93a »

Cincyret
E-book readers owned: Kindle
Number of books owned: 800

Post by Cincyret »

First Post. I am missing the "Export" choice in the file menu. I loaded a page in "Jpg".... Edited it (even lighting, and most imprtantly "dewarped". I went to save the file, but there was no "Export" option on the File Menu (New, Open, Save, Save as, Close, & Quit - only).
What am I doing wrong? [I don't care what format the exported file has - tiff, or jpg, or anything!]
Info about the import file: 24 bit color, jpg, 300x300 dpi, 6460x7795. Output res is set to 300 dpi
Note: This is a Library of Congress Sanborn Map file [not a file with mostly text]. I will use the exported file to load into a program called Map Warper.
Scan Tailor Versions: ST 0.9.11.1 and ST Advanced 2019.8.16 [both are "missing" the Export option]
OS Info: Windows 11 latest version

Thanks for reading! - I can send screen shots if needed.
John
PS: this - DIY Book Scanner - is a great resource!