Optimize for music

Scan Tailor specific announcements, releases, workflows, tips, etc. NO FEATURE REQUESTS IN THIS FORUM, please.

Moderator: peterZ

daphnis

Optimize for music

Post by daphnis »

This program is very useful for processing scans of music, however the biggest problem when feeding it 2-up scans is it erroneously detects the left side of the staff system instead of the spine crease, especially if that crease isn't very pronounced. Would it be possible to add a switch for processing music that effectively decreases this sensativity so, even in the case where there is no spine shadown, it selects a portion between the two pages/systems?
Tulon
Number of books owned: 0

Re: Optimize for music

Post by Tulon »

I am not actively developing Scan Tailor anymore. I do occasionally commit some code, but these commits are few and far in between. In addition, I don't personally care about music, so I don't see this features being added anytime soon.
Scan Tailor experimental doesn't output 96 DPI images. It's just what your software shows when DPI information is missing. Usually what you get is input DPI times the resolution enhancement factor.