one push triggering

Don't know where to start, or stuck on a certain problem? Drop by and tell us about it. Feel like helping others? Start here.

Moderator: peterZ

jancoj
Number of books owned: 0

one push triggering

Post by jancoj »

Can anybody help me how to use CHDK one push remote triggering on Camera A490. I have managed CHDK running on camera but in remote settings there is no choice for one push. I have to to push the trigger twice. Do I need to write a script? Any help much appreciated. Thanx.
Gerard

Re: one push triggering

Post by Gerard »

writing a scripts is the answer, also for mutch more possibles,

but for the beginning
wirte a file in the
CHDK\SCRIPT\ folder
like oneclick.lua

and place in it

Code: Select all

click("shoot_full")
then in the chdk menu actvate remote funtion and load this script, this should work
jancoj

Post by jancoj »

Hi Gerard,
I have tried to write that, but the script doesn´t do anything. I am not sure If I wrote it properly. Is it only - click("shoot_full") - in file? But I found the another way seems to be working. I enabled synchable remote in CHDK settings and now it works when I push the trigger once. Hopefully it will do good job. Thanks for help.
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

jancoj wrote:Hi Gerard,
I have tried to write that, but the script doesn´t do anything. I am not sure If I wrote it properly. Is it only - click("shoot_full") - in file? But I found the another way seems to be working. I enabled synchable remote in CHDK settings and now it works when I push the trigger once. Hopefully it will do good job. Thanks for help.
oh i was using chdk de, in chdk you can run a script with usb remote

but the sync remote is the better solution
GPHS2
E-book readers owned: Ipad 2
Number of books owned: 400

Post by GPHS2 »

We used the remote triggering via USB port for our 2 Canon A2200 cameras on our book scanner. I hooked both usb cables up to regular USB Port charges like you use for MP3 players, cell phones, etc. Then plugged those into an extension cord that runs to a foot switch. When pressed the foot switch focuses the cameras and when released it triggers the photos. It works great for us. The entire setup is posted with photos in the oversize scanner topic. The foot switch you can now buy at Harbor Freight for under $15.00 US. I paid 33.00 or so on Ebay 2 years ago.

Hope this helps.

Mike