New guy from Northern California

A place to introduce yourself, and to meet other awesome people.

Moderator: peterZ

RyanGuy
E-book readers owned: iPad, kindle
Number of books owned: 500

New guy from Northern California

Post by RyanGuy »

Hey all. Been lurking on the boards for a bit now. Just ordered a hackerspace kit so I figured I should introduce myself as I jump into this project. My name is Ryan and I teach/coach debate at Chico State University and Butte College. I got into book scanning while getting my Masters degree I (hated having to carry around 10+ books at any given time). Got by for a while using a flatbed scanner w/ a document feeder. Hated the process, hated working bindings more. Dabbled in cutting bindings off, but felt horrible every time I destroyed one of my books.

Totally stoked to get started on this project. I've build a few simple mockups so far, but really interested in getting the real thing set up. In my former life I dabbled in engineering, computer science, and information systems (it was an odd path to end of teaching communication studies). Odd life choices aside, I am still a bit of a tech nerd and have been around with some of the CHDK stuff. That me in a nut shell. Nice to meet you all. I'm sure I'll be posting here a bit during the coming weeks.

RG