HI guys, looking forward to colaborating with you all!

A place to introduce yourself, and to meet other awesome people.

Moderator: peterZ

CaptOn
E-book readers owned: Kindle, windows tablet
Number of books owned: 20

HI guys, looking forward to colaborating with you all!

Post by CaptOn »

G'day Guys,

I just wanted to take the opportunity to say Hi> I've joined the forum just recently but have been browsing it since i spent an extended time in hospital over Christmas 2011-12. I feel very inspired by what as a community you've achieved.
I don't have time to wax lyrical currently about what direction i'm heading in with my own book scanning work as i'm about to head off to a wedding but as i said i look forward to sharing my work and hopefully collaborating with you to help bring more reading content to more people.
I have enough time to say though that my interests are primarily in software development, and in combining works done thus far into a modular piece that has a somewhat seperate analysing and executing page dewarping, with a human readable file format in the middle and somewhat of an API so that people can write and contribute their own algorithms to the mix. A single piece of software that can work with structured light as well as it can with physically flattened pages and where people can use their own hybrid designs in the knowledge that there is a piece of software that can help them post process...
Will catch you all soon.

CaptOn
daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Re: HI guys, looking forward to colaborating with you all!

Post by daniel_reetz »

welcome, CaptOn!