Portland Party

A place to introduce yourself, and to meet other awesome people.

Moderator: peterZ

jujumana

Portland Party

Post by jujumana »

Just wanted to let everyone in Portland, OR or surrounding areas know that we've had our first meeting. Yes, we, the DIY book scanner makers of Portland have had a meeting to chat about something only we are interested in. If you're in the area let I or mellow yellow know so you can get in on the next amazing event.
daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Re: Portland Party

Post by daniel_reetz »

Awesome! let me know nwxt time so i can blog it for you!
zennmaster

Post by zennmaster »

jujumana wrote:Just wanted to let everyone in Portland, OR or surrounding areas know that we've had our first meeting. Yes, we, the DIY book scanner makers of Portland have had a meeting to chat about something only we are interested in. If you're in the area let I or mellow yellow know so you can get in on the next amazing event.
Or me too, for that matter.

Michael and Sean, thanks so very much for a great meeting! It was great to hang out with you guys, and like I told you both, you have gotten me even more jazzed to get going on my build! My new goal is to have it done by our next meeting.

See you guys soon!

-Michael
mellow-yellow
Number of books owned: 1

Post by mellow-yellow »

Thanks for posting this Jujumana! Yes, this was a great meeting. Anybody in the Portland area who is interested should definitely contact us. Lucky Lab has good beer.

Zennmaster, if you'd like an extra set of hands when building your scanner, just let me know.
daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Post by daniel_reetz »

Do you guys have any pics from the meetup that I could share on the blog?

Also, maybe I could fly up for a meetup... :)
mellow-yellow
Number of books owned: 1

Post by mellow-yellow »

Daniel, we don't have any pics (yet) of the group, but I'll bring a camera next time around, in case the other members are okay with some pics. Also, anytime you'd like to come visit Portland, just let us know! The beers are on me!