Post-it note page turner experiment

Built a scanner? Started to build a scanner? Record your progress here. Doesn't need to be a whole scanner - triggers and other parts are fine. Commercial scanners are fine too.

Moderator: peterZ

pav

Re: Post-it note page turner experiment

Post by pav »

Have you seen this one?
http://www.geocities.jp/takascience/lego/fabs_en.html

the page turning part should work well with dewarping - possibly with v platen after modifications?
[...]I publish this machine under the GNU General Public License[...]
'Copyright (C) MURANUSHI Takayuki, 14 Feb, 2006 '
MURANUSHI (or Takayuki? not sure if Japanese put name or surname first) should definitely have lots of experience by now - may be Daniel could consider inviting him to the forum?

I am swamped with other work but I read (proper ;-) ) what dtic said and have three concepts which I almost certainly will try one day... <:-)
Misty
Number of books owned: 0

Post by Misty »

It's probably Takayuki. In Japanese, the family name is often written in all caps in Roman letters to distinguish it from personal names - I guess to avoid confusion with other cultures, since family name is written first in Japanese.

Since that's an older page, I wonder if he's done anything on it since or if he's moved on to other projects.
The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not necessarily represent those of the Canadian Museum for Human Rights.
pav

Post by pav »

[...]Since that's an older page, I wonder if he's done anything on it since or if he's moved on to other projects.
My guess is he's moved projectwise (he would not be such not to update the page). But he might have continued scanning books and get lots of experience. Just to know if the system contiued to work on different books (or some books) would be interesting.
And he might get inspired to undust it by this very forum (which is very inspiring).
daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Post by daniel_reetz »

I sent an email.